January 18, 2022
Whether you’re considering a move to the Rochester area and looking for the perfect place to call home, or a long-time resident interested in something bigger or smaller to suit your needs, it helps to know what’s needed in order to apply for a rental property in the Western NY region. Many prospective renters choose to do this before they begin the process of looking, to ensure that everything is in order once they’ve found something. Ultimately, doing so in advanced can save you a great deal of time once you’re ready.
At Gallagher Properties, we work hard to make the rental application easy and straightforward for new renters, while ensuring that all regulations are followed to help protect the property owners we work with. Here’s a brief overview of what you’ll need to provide in order to complete the application process.
- A completed new rental application, you can apply online here
- Proof of income, which must be at least 3x the rental amount
- 4 weeks of paystubs, or an SSI statement, DHS budget statement, SNAP, etc.
- A photo ID for the applicant, co-applicant and any residents under age 18
- Proof of residency (utility bill, car note, phone bill, health insurance bill, etc.)
- Two valid landlord references, or current residency info for first-time renters
- $20 non-refundable Credit Check fee for all those over the age of 18
Renting a new house or apartment can be an exciting time, and the last thing anyone wants is to find the perfect place and then face delays due to an incomplete application. At Gallagher Properties in Rochester, we know that you’re more than just a credit score, and we work closely with each client to help make the process easy, stress-free and rewarding. For more information, view our available rentals or get in touch with our staff and let us know how we can help.
Gallagher Properties is located at 1504 Scottsville Rd in Rochester, NY and can be reached by phone at 585-235-4337 during regular office hours. Or write to our team any time via email by visiting the secured contact page on our website.