Who are we and what do we offer?
Gallagher Property Management has a professional staff of 18 full-time employees. Owner/President Patrick Gallagher has been working in the residential investment sector right here in the City of Rochester and surrounding Towns and Villages throughout Monroe County. Patrick retired as a Police Officer from Monroe County in 2015, where he served 20 years on the force. Patrick owns a number of single and multifamily homes that he has personally held for over 10 years. He has rehabbed and sold over 100 properties. At GPM, we work alongside property owners who are local, out of state, and out of the country. Our services include but not limited to full property management, maintenance/rehabs (regardless of how big), new purchases, and sales. We are 100% committed to working with you. Our contracts with owners are month to month. No termination fees and no hassles. If you use other sources to purchase new properties, no problem, please continue to use that source and we would be honored to help you where we can.
- We will manage any property in the City of Rochester and most areas in the County of Monroe
- Our new resident placement fee includes advertising, showings, application process, background check which includes a criminal and credit check. An unannounced home visit to the applicant's current home address. Once our applicants are approved and do move in, GPM schedules a home visit within 7-14 days of residency. If (for any reason) one of our residents moves out prior to one full year of residency, GPM will replace that resident, at no charge.
- Patrick oversees our entire operation and meets weekly with supervisory staff. Patrick remains in contact with all of our owners. Beth Short is the director of operations. Beth is in charge of our admin and maintenance team. There are supervisors under Beth that are solely responsible for their respective team. Not only do we place the most qualified resident, but we want to give you all of the support needed to make the very best decision with your investment. We understand that these properties are valuable personal assets of yours.
- Our inspection department works closely with the City of Rochester and the Rochester Housing Authority (Section 8) as we conduct C of O and Section 8 inspections. Our goal is to provide you accurate quotes along with pictures, so you will get a clear understanding of the task at hand. Our courtesy checks better known as "proactive home visits" are conducted every 3 - 6 months at the direction of our owners. These checks ensure safe and proper housekeeping conditions are being met and we inspect to identify and repair any health and safety related issues. Often times we fix the issue before it becomes an emergency. The best examples of this are gas and water leaks.
- Perks that our current owners enjoy - We offer references for: financing, private money, financing for out of country folks, insurance, and either Patrick himself or a selected member from our maintenance team will personally inspect any new property that is under contract. Meaning, if other resources were used to secure a new property for one's portfolio, we (GPM) will personally assess it (at no charge) for you. Home inspectors do a fine job but they are not looking for potential City (C of O) code violations, deferred maintenance, etc.
- GPM will assist our owners in any sale or new purchase. A great deal of properties that we locate are not listed on the MLS. We have a network of individuals who routinely bring us new deals on a weekly basis.
What is included in my monthly management fee
- Establish rental rate by surveying local rental rates
- Attract prospects with advertising vacancies; obtaining referrals from current residents
- Showing vacant units
- Field all inquiries from prospective tenants
- Perform background check, credit check and home visit on prospective tenants
- Management of tenant relationship and disputes
- All telephone calls recorded
- Enforce occupancy policies and procedures by confronting violators
- Online tenant rent payments and statements
- Prompt rent collection and evictions; if needed
- Coordinate all repairs/maintenance
- 24-hour Emergency Line
- Annual lease review and recommendation of potential rent in-creases as market conditions permit
- Fully insured contractors (full liability & workers’ comp)
- Semi-annual property inspections
- Handle and schedule all Certificate of Occupancy (C of O) and Section 8 (RHA) inspections
- Move-in & move-out inspections; including detailed write-ups and pictures
- Maintains property by investigating & resolving tenant complaints; enforcing rules of occupancy, inspecting vacant units and completing repairs, planning renovations, contracting with landscape/snow removal services (as needed)
- Accomplish financial objectives by collecting rents, paying bills, forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initializing corrective action
- Comply with all City/County requirements, Section 8 (RHA) and Department of Human Services (DHS/DSS)
- Code compliance, New York State laws, follow all Fair Housing Laws
- Fully itemized monthly financial reports, year-end accounting statements, as well as 1099 Forms
- Security Deposit Escrow management and required documentation
- 24-hour access to online owner portal with real-time info
- Calculate overhead costs, depreciation, taxes and profit goals
- Owner disbursements paid monthly via electronic payment
- Advice in the event of all legal dispute or litigation
- In-depth up-to-date knowledge of landlord/tenant law
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Manage utility usage
- Payment of bills
- Easy exit agreement with only 30-day notice
- Single family Homes - Flat fee of $ 95.00/month
- Doubles - 10% of rent
- Triples - 9% of rent
- Four family and up 8% of rent
New Tenant Fee
$675 - this includes a one-year guarantee (if the tenant vacates within one year, GPM will fill again at no charge)
Lease Renewal Fee
New Account Setup Fee
$500 retainer fee will be required to start management transition process
- A visit to each unit, in which we will tour the property to address any issues
- Meet with each tenant to gather all the necessary information
- Your owner account will be set up within Rent Manager as well as all tenant information
- GPM will handle all paperwork required to change automatic DSS and/or Section 8 payment