June 23, 2022
With so many people in the process of moving these days, finding prospective tenants for your rental house or apartment can be a bit stressful. It’s natural to want to rent your property as quickly as possible, though just as important to make sure you don’t end up renting to someone who doesn’t respect your investment, or worse, someone who has no means or intention of paying on time. Taking a few simple precautions can help weed out those who could present problems, while attracting more qualified renters.
At Gallagher Property Management in Rochester, we work closely with investment property owners to ensure that they’re attracting the most qualified prospective renters. If you’re new to the process and not sure what you should be asking of your applicants, the following guidelines are a good baseline to start.
- Be sure that you’re advertising your properties in quality forums
- Don’t simply assume that your prospective tenant has good credit
- Always conduct a background check and request multiple references
- Be sure in advance that your prospect meets your stated income requirements
- When possible, arrange a time to meet or contact their current landlord
- While it may seem obvious, be sure to inspect their photo ID thoroughly
- Work with an experienced property management group to expedite approval
We understand how challenging it can be finding trustworthy new tenants for your rental properties. If this is a new endeavor for you, or if you simply don’t have ample free time to handle the administrative side of things, Gallagher Property Management can help. Get in touch to learn more about the services we provide, and how we can help simplify and streamline the process of attracting and approving more qualified renters.
Gallagher Properties is located at 1504 Scottsville Rd in Rochester, NY and can be reached by phone at 585-235-4337 during regular office hours. Or write to our team any time via email by visiting the secured contact page on our website.